Student Code of Conduct Adam Scott use of Google Apps
The basic purpose for you to use Google Apps is for education. This agreement states you will not use Google Apps for personal emails and social networking. Also this agreement states that you will be polite and respectful of other students. You will also respect students' privacy and security when using Google Apps.
1. Personal Responsibility: I will accept personal responsibility for reporting any misuse of the Google Apps to the Mr. Nevin.
2. Acceptable Use: The use of my assigned account will be in support of education and research and will support the educational goals and objectives of the Adam Scott C.V.I. I am personally responsible for this provision at all times when using Google Apps. In addition, I will abide by the following:
a. I will not use Google Apps to post any web pages for commercial activities, product advertisement, or political advocacy.
b. I will not use Google Apps to post any obscene, discriminatory or offence material. All material posted will being keeping with school assignments.
c. I understand that school administration has the right to monitor all postings including emails.
3. Privileges: I understand that the use of the Google Apps is a privilege, not a right, and that inappropriate use will result in a cancellation of those privileges. The system administrator(s) may close an account at any time deemed necessary.
4. Network Etiquette and Privacy: I understand and will abide by the generally accepted rules of network etiquette. These rules include (but are not limited to) the following:
A) BEING POLITE: Never sending or encouraging others to send abusive messages.
B) USING APPROPRIATE LANGUAGE: I understand that I am a representative of our school and district on the Internet and will use polite and appropriate language.
C) PRIVACY: I will not reveal my home address or personal phone number or the addresses and phone numbers of other students. While using Internet services through Google Apps, I will not reveal my e-mail address or the e-mail address of others.
D) ELECTRONIC MAIL: Inappropriate language or harassment may result in loss of system privileges and/or other disciplinary measures. By signing this acceptable use policy, students affirm the following:
i. I understand that e-mail sent via the Google Apps must be school related and must abide by the guidelines outlined here. I will immediately report any threatening, obscene, or harassing e-mail to school staff.
ii. I understand that I will share my Google Apps password with others and am responsible for all e-mail sent through my account.
iv. I understand that e-mail sent through this account may be scanned for content violating the terms of this agreement and that suspect e-mail may be reviewed by school administration.
6. Vandalism: Any attempt to harm or destroy data of another user or student will result in the loss of computer services and disciplinary action.
Students Signature: Date: :
Parent's / Gardians Signature: Date :